Reel Diversity: A Teacher's Sourcebook by Brian C. Johnson, Skyra C. Blanchard (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReel Diversity: A Teacher's Sourcebook is a resource manual for teachers who want to infuse the concepts of diversity and social justice into their secondary and college courses. Lecturers and workshop presenters will also appreciate this text for its practical uses. The authors present proven guidelines for teaching diversity using a framework that deconstructs national opinion and culture from both majority and minority perspectives. Emphasizing the development of a shared language among teachers and learners, the text provides a list of important definitions about difference and power. It discusses the role of the teacher in minimizing cultural dominance, prejudice, and discrimination in society. The text includes an extensive section on designing a diversity education course, and teachers will benefit from the suggested instructional activities, readings, assignments, and advice on creating a classroom atmosphere for these issues. More than just another book on film literacy and criticism, this manual stands out from the competition for its practical, user-friendly mini-lessons using film clips from mainstream Hollywood feature films to illustrate the 25 diversity definitions provided in the text, and develops a list of questions following each clip that can be used to encourage cross-cultural dialogue.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Brian C. Johnson is the president of Manna Unlimited Motivations, a speakers' bureau specializing in diversity education, and is an adjunct professor of film studies. He earned bachelors' and masters' degrees from California University of Pennsylvania, and has completed all coursework towards the doctor of education degree at Nova Southeastern University. Skyra C. Blanchard is a high school English teacher at State College High School in State College, Pennsylvania. In August 2008, she completed a master's degree in curriculum and instruction with an emphasis in language and literacy at The Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)Brian C. Johnson,Skyra C. Blanchard
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number348
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date24/09/2016
- Content Noteill.
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.