CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionOrganizations are being urged to experiment with new structures and processes. A 'process perspective' on organizing is emerging as a major challenge to 'functional' principles of organizing established during the last century. Business process reengineering is one exemplar of process thinking that has received great attention amongst organizational theorists and practitioners. This in-depth account of business process reengineering within a major NHS hospital is an important contribution to the very limited stock of empirical kwledge about new organizational forms, especially in the public sector. The book combines empirical data gathered through an intensive, comparative case study method with strategic choice and neo-institutional theories to analyse the changing context of public organizations, importation of models of organizing from private to public organizations, and dynamics of public sector transformation. The outcomes of the change programme add to our more general organizational kwledge about (a) the impact of corporate change programmes, particularly in professionalized and public sector settings, (b) impediments and enablers of lateral organizing structures and processes, and (c) contradictions within the New Public Management between functional and process principles for organizing.
- Author BiographyEwan Ferlie is Director of Research and Professor of Public Services Management at Imperial College Management School where he has been since 1997. Prior to this he held research posts at the Personal Social Services Research Unit, University of Kent at Canterbury, and was Deputy Director of the Centre for Corporate Strategy and Change at Warwick Business School. He has also been a Non Executive Member on Warwickshire Health Authority (1993-6).
- Author(s)Ewan Ferlie,Terry McNulty
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2002
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note7 figures; 2 tables
- Weight704 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.