All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1994, Design Patterns changed the landscape of object-oriented development by introducing classic solutions to recurring design problems. In 1999, Refactoring revolutionized design by introducing an effective process for improving code. With the highly anticipated Refactoring to Patterns, Joshua Kerievsky has changed our approach to design by forever uniting patterns with the evolutionary process of refactoring. This book introduces the theory and practice of pattern-directed refactorings: sequences of low-level refactorings that allow designers to safely move designs to, towards, or away from pattern implementations. Using code from real-world projects, Kerievsky documents the thinking and steps underlying over two dozen pattern-based design transformations. Along the way he offers insights into pattern differences and how to implement patterns in the simplest possible ways. Coverage includes: * A catalog of twenty-seven pattern-directed refactorings, featuring real-world code examples * Descriptions of twelve design smells that indicate the need for this book's refactorings * General information and new insights about patterns and refactoring * Detailed implementation mechanics: how low-level refactorings are combined to implement high-level patterns * Multiple ways to implement the same pattern-and when to use each * Practical ways to get started even if you have little experience with patterns or refactoring Refactoring to Patterns reflects three years of refinement and the insights of more than sixty software engineering thought leaders in the global patterns, refactoring, and agile development communities. Whether you're focused on legacy or greenfield development, this book will make you a better software designer by helping you learn how to make important design changes safely and effectively.
- Author BiographyJoshua Kerievsky is the founder of Industrial Logic (http://industriallogic.com), a company specializing in Extreme Programming. Since 1988, Joshua has been a professional software developer, coach, and instructor for clients such as Bankers Trust, MTV, MBNA, Ansys, MDS Sciex, Nielsen Media Research, and Sun Microsystems. He speaks regularly at conferences, has written numerous articles, and contributed chapters to Extreme Programming Explored (Addison-Wesley, 2001) and Extreme Programming Perspectives (Addison-Wesley, 2002). Joshua lives with his wife and daughters in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Joshua Kerievsky
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/08/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width187 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.