All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany parents have demonstrated a desire to parent skillfully and artfully. They read the latest child development and parenting books, configure their schedules to accommodate the social and educational lives of their children, and focus like lasers on their childrens' well-being. Many have made an ermous emotional and financial investment in raising their children. But children grow up, they move out, they create their own lives and their own homes. The role of the parent changes, diminishes, and evolves. The life phase that begins in preparation for an empty nest and continues until parents re-feather the nest has official name, yet it represents a profound shift from the rigors of daily parenting to a period of self-reflection and reorientation. Here, Wendy Aronsson centers on that experience, capturing the realities of the emotions and life changes that come on gradually, and sometimes proceed in fits and starts. Refeathering the Empty Nest is for any parent preparing for the departure from home of their youngest child. It is for those who wish to move forward productively, both in their new parenting role and in their roles as spouse, employee, friend, neighbor, and self. Using real stories throughout, Aronsson shows how people have managed these changes, how they've reignited the passion in their marriages or moved on from bad matches, how they've rediscovered old interests and talents, and how they've reinvented their relationships with their children as well. These stories provide hope and guidance to anyone whose nest is about to empty as well as those whose nests already are.
- Author BiographyWendy Aronsson, LCSW, has been a licensed psychotherapist since 1981 and is in private practice in Greenwich, Connecticut. Aronsson has consulted with local schools and was an active charter member of the special education section of the Greenwich Parent-Teacher Association. In addition, she developed and facilitated the Learning Differences Network for the Junior League of Greenwich in conjunction with Greenwich Hospital. She also serves as facilitator for The Parent Exchange with Greenwich Hospital. Aronsson is also a guest lecturer and consultant at area schools and Parents Together, an organization sponsored by local public and independent schools.
- Author(s)Wendy Aronsson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/04/2014
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight367 g
- Width149 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.