All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on new reference sources published since 2008 and reference titles that have retained their relevance, this new edition brings O Gorman's complete and authoritative guide to the best reference sources for small and medium-sized academic and public libraries fully up to date. About 40 percent of the content is new to this edition. Containing sources selected and antated by a team of public and academic librarians, the works included have been chosen for value and expertise in specific subject areas. Equally useful for both library patrons and staff, this resource* Covers more than a dozen key subject areas, including General Reference; Philosophy, Religion, and Ethics; Psychology and Psychiatry; Social Sciences and Sociology; Business and Careers; Political Science and Law; Education; Words and Languages; Science and Techlogy; History; and Performing Arts * Encompasses database products, CD-ROMs, websites, and other electronic resources in addition to print materials * Includes thorough antations for each source, with information on author/editor, publisher, cost, format, Dewey and LC classification numbers, and more Library patrons will find this an invaluable resource for current everyday topics. Librarians will appreciate it as both a reference and collection development tool, kwing it's backed by ALA's long tradition of excellence in reference selection.
- Author BiographyJack O'Gorman is a Reference and Instruction Librarian and Associate Professor at the University of Dayton's Roesch Library, USA, where he is also responsible for collection development and liaison work in engineering, physics, math, and geology. With more than thirty years' experience in university, government, and business libraries, he has an in-depth knowledge of reference sources. He chaired the editorial board of Reference Books Bulletin from 2001 to 2004 and continues as a member of that board. He has served on the award committees for Outstanding Reference Sources and the Dartmouth Medal, both of which are offered by the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) of ALA. He is co-editor of the third edition of Recommended Reference Books in Paperback and has contributed to the fifth through eighth editions of Reference Sources for Small and Medium-Sized Libraries, the last two as editor.
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJack O'Gorman
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.23Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.