Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn highlighting the political and ecomic progress of African Americans while pinpointing the historical success of Barack Obama in the last presidential election, the book covers the history of the African peoples in the principal regions of Africa, the Caribbean, North America and South America. In reporting and acutely analyzing the same events of human history spanning over 1500 years, it initially delves into the reactions from the political order in the form of the Tea Party Movement following Obama s victory. Totalling over 500 pages, the book then takes the reader on a trip down memory lane, covering events as the slave trade, discrimination and colonization that pitted Africans and their diasporic descendants against Europeans, and later Americans. After covering the critical stages of African Americans ecomic and political development following the Civil War to present day, the book crosses the Atlantic Ocean to cover the major failures of political events after independence on the African continent. Two specific chapters in the book analyze the events under feudal Europe that led to the enslavement of Africans while ather does the same on the system of capitalism. The final four chapters report and analyze Africa s present challenges and possible solutions.
- Author(s)Ooko John
- Date of Publication25/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.