Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe author and poet, Lavenda Smith introduces her first book of poetry: Reflections of My Past, Restoration to My Present, Revelation of My Future. This book of poems expresses the hardships, struggles, indignation and empowerment throughout her life's journey as God reveals his revelation into existence on her life. In the series Reflection of My Past, introduces her life's complications as she copes with the disappointments through the hardships she encountered as a child, teenager and young adult. Restoration to My Present expresses her thoughts as God signifies how he begins to restore and renew her spirit of love and forgiveness. This series of poems relate to how God has empowered her to use the reflections of her past as a stepping stone to reach her present endeavors and establish her purpose. Revelation of My Future reveals how God has ainted and appointed her life. God reveals his plan as he enables her to find the strength to endure through the hardships and fight against her enemies as they try to break her spirit and bring her down. She begins to release herself from the bondage and encampment of weapons designated to destroy her. As God reveals His plan, she becomes more obedient to His instructions and she begins to humble herself to allow God to direct her path. These set of poems prophesies that God is an unchanging God and has always been present throughout her journey. He has always been the same God in each series of poems: The Reflection of My Past, Restoration to My Present, Revelation of My Future. God had never left her side; He was only waiting for her to receive Him as she tried to find her own way through her hardships. Her acceptance and willingness to obey made God more prominent in her life; therefore, releasing her from her hardships and giving her a more direct path which constitutes a more dignified future. Enjoy the breath taking poems as it is presented to you, the breakthrough which God has released on her life.
- Author BiographyLavenda Smith is a single mother of four children: Devin, Alfrado, Bria and Brian. She is an entrepreneur and recently began her own business, DABB Enterprise Tax and Notary Services. DABB Enterprise was inspired by her children and is named after them. Lavenda comes from a large diverse family where she is the 16th child of 20 siblings. Of the 20 siblings, her mother Henrine Smith birthed five children. Her late grandmother, Annie B. Wells (Rest in Peace) was a spiritual influence in her life. Grandma Annie always encouraged her to seek God first in everything. Her father, William Smith, Jr. (Smitty%u2026.Rest in Peace) leaves his legacy as a Narcotic Officer for Memphis Housing Authority, Memphis Police Officer and Shelby County Deputy Sheriff. In the early 1970%u2019s, he served as a bodyguard to Jesse Jackson in Chicago under the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. Her father played a critical role in her life by motivating her to pursue her goals and dreams. Her mother, Henrine Smith has given her a sense of empowerment to consistently endure through the challenges of life each day. Lavenda began expressing herself through writing at the early age of five. Later, she was introduced to poetry and began expressing her feelings and thoughts through writing poems. Over the years, her struggles in childhood and challenges in relationships emerged her into a writer. She began recording her writings in a journal which expressed her most intimate thoughts. Instead of crying, she would write. She found peace in this approach and as a result has published her first book of poetry: Reflections of my Past, Restoration to my Present, Revelation of my Future. In this book of poems, you will be able to define the pain she expresses through her writing and become to see her breakthrough as she continues her journey through the future.
- Author(s)Lavenda Smith
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.