All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe West Coast evokes visions of polished driftwood and raging waves, tranquil sand dunes and crimson sunsets--a savage beauty that draws visitors from around the world. Some lucky visitors, like rewned photographer Adrian Dorst, find a reason to stay. Dorst reflects upon his chosen home of thirty-five years, capturing quintessential West Coast icons in a stunning visual journey to this astonishing place -- and beyond. Inspired by Ralph Waldo Emerson's philosophy that the world exists for the education of each man , Dorst's photography and accompanying text contemplate what can be learned by walking alone in a wild place where nature still dominates. Dorst's unparalleled ability to capture the beauty of his surroundings, delighting in the moods and seasons of this alluring landscape, proves that he is both a skilled photographer and a perpetual, inquisitive student of the natural world. This collection will inspire those who have experienced the West Coast to take home its essence for further contemplation, and allow those who have t yet had the chance to make the journey from wherever they are.
- Author BiographyAdrian Dorst is known to many for his photographic portrayal of wilderness and wildlife. In the past two decades his work has appeared in calendars and on posters as well as in numerous magazines in Canada, the US, and Europe, among them International Wildlife, BBC Wildlife and Canadian Geographic. He lives in Tofino, on Vancouver Island.
- Author(s)Adrian Dorst
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2009
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight726 g
- Width290 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.