Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionBogr Regis is today a vibrant but relaxing seaside resort. From its earliest origins, this book is illustrated with over 200 images depicting the growth and changes to the town and its surrounding villages up to the 1970s. Bogr was founded in 1787 by Sir Richard Hotham who was looking for a area for his retirement. His legacy lives on in the town where he was instrumental in the development of splendid Regency buildings and responsible for putting Bogr on the map as a desirable coastal resort. King George V bestowed the name Regis to the town when he convalesced there in 1929 as recognition of the ambience, facilities and general well-being he enjoyed in and around the area. As well as boasting one of the oldest piers in Britain the town is also kwn for Billy Butlin and the impact he made to bring bucket-loads of holiday makers to the resort. Visitors and residents old and new will take equal pleasure in reading this book at leisure, looking at the faces of the people and the buildings over the centuries that have made Bogr Regis what it is today.
- Author BiographyThis is the authors' first joint publication. Sylvia has provided historical talks in the area since 1981 and written weekly articles in the Bognor Regis Observer since 1999. Shirley has been involved in local history research and produced a wide range of excellent exhibitions and displays at various events. For three years from 2003 to 2005, they were the organisers of the 'Festival of Local History' which encouraged an awareness and interest in local history.
- Author(s)Shirley Lewis,Sylvia Endacott
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notec. 200
- Weight310 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.