Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by one of America's most distinguished public servants, Reflections of a Radical Moderate offers a clear-eyed and steady analysis of the state of our democracy and the growth of cynicism among American citizens toward their government. In a series of inspiring and pellucid essays, Elliot Richardson, a stalwart of the liberal wing of the Republican party, explains how American democracy may be at risk. He considers the compulsive pursuit of self-worth as a principal instigator of social conflict-t only between individuals but also among groups. He speculates on the effects of information techlogy on the American political process and examines the correct role of America in the enforcement of world peace. The result is a humane, optimistic view of national politics from a longtime Washington insider.
- Author BiographyElliot Richardson is best known for resigning as U.S. Attorney General rather than heeding President Richard Nixon's order to fire special Watergate prosecutor Archibald Cox. He is the only person to have headed four Cabinet departments. Richardson died in January 2000.
- Author(s)Elliot Richardson
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication20/07/2000
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.