All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionFrom over 300 essays the late Dr. Massey wrote between 1973 and 2005 for his popular monthly columns in Connecticut Medicine, the state medical journal, the seventy in this collection best demonstrate his breadth of scholarship, concerns about medicine, and skills as a writer and teacher. For ease of reading, the articles are organized into eleven sections by topic, such as the care of patients, medical education, growing old, death and dying, techlogy, ethics and morality, and the history of medicine. As timely as they are important, these essays lend themselves to discussions in medical schools and other teaching institutions, address issues physicians in practice face almost daily, and provide a touchstone for all citizens concerned about the practice of humanistic medicine today.
- Author BiographyROBERT U. MASSEY, M.D., (1922-2008) was Dean of the University of Connecticut School of Medicine from 1971 to 1985. Dr. Massey served as editor of Connecticut Medicine from 1986 to 1999 and was the editor of Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences from 1987-1991. Dr. Massey taught in the School of Medicine's history of medicine elective course and had an abiding personal interest in the history of medicine.MARTIN DUKE, MD, editor, is on the Editorial Board of Connecticut Medicine. After receiving his degree from New York University School of Medicine in 1954, he had a private practice in cardiology in Manchester, CT, served as Director of Medical Education and Chief of Cardiology at the Manchester Memorial Hospital, and held a teaching appointment at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine until his retirement. He is the author of two books and over 100 articles on medical topics.
- PublisherAltschuler, Richard & Associates,US
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChaucer Press (imprint of Altschuler, Richard & Associates, Inc)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMartin Duke,University Press of New England
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.