All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of essays based on lectures that author has given on various occasions on foundation of quantum theory, symmetries and representation theory, and the quantum theory of the superworld created by physicists. The lectures are linked by a unifying theme: how the quantum world and superworld appear under the lens of symmetry and supersymmetry. In the world of ultra-small times and distances such as the Planck length and Planck time, physicists believe measurements are possible and so the structure of spacetime itself is an unkwn that has to be first understood. There have been suggestions (Volovich hypothesis) that world geometry at such energy regimes is n-archimedian and some of the lectures explore the consequences of such a hypothesis. Ultimately, symmetries and supersymmetries are described by the representation of groups and supergroups. The author's interest in representation is a lifelong one and evolved slowly, and owes a great deal to conversations and discussions he had with George Mackey and Harish-Chandra. The book concludes with a retrospective look at these conversations.
- Author BiographyThe author writes: Most of my thoughts on quantum theory are in these essays. The last section is on represenation theory. I do not like to call it an epilogue bucause it deals with a large part of what I have done in this area over the years...I have been thinking about a collection like this for many years that will bring together the many lectures I have given in various places.
- Author(s)Veeraualli Seshadri Varadarajan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/05/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight529 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.