All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative researchers have long made use of many different interview forms. Yet, for vice researchers, making the connections between theory and method is t always easy. This book provides a theoretically-informed guide for researchers learning how to interview in the social sciences. In order to undertake quality research using qualitative interviews, a researcher must be able to theorize the application of interviews to investigate research problems in social science research. As part of this process, researchers examine their subject positions in relation to participants, and examine their interview interactions systematically to inform research design. This book provides a practical approach to interviewing, helping researchers to learn about themselves as interviewers in ways that will inform the design, conduct, analysis and representation of interview data. The author takes the reader through the practicalities of designing and conducting an interview study, and relates various forms of interview to different underlying epistemological assumptions about how kwledge is produced. The book concludes with practical advice and perspectives from experienced researchers who use interviews as a method of data generation. This book is written for a multidisciplinary audience of students of qualitative research methods.
- Author BiographyKathryn Roulston is a Professor in the Qualitative Research Program at the University of Georgia, Athens, USA. Her research interests include qualitative research methodology, qualitative interviewing, teaching qualitative research, ethnomethodology and conversation analysis, doctoral education, and topics in music education. She has published on qualitative interviewing and the analysis of qualitative data. In addition to her book on qualitative interviewing, Reflective Interviewing: A Guide to Theory and Practice (SAGE, 2010), she was a contributor to The SAGE Handbook of Interview Research: The Complexity of the Craft (2nd ed.) (2012) as well as the forthcoming SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Data Analysis (edited by Uwe Flick).
- Author(s)Kathryn J. Roulston
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.