All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are reflection and supervision important for coaches? How might increased self awareness improve competence? What kind of activities might a coach consider to develop their own reflective practices? This practical book helps coaches to improve their practice through reflection and professional support in their work. It explains how these developments can be made alone, with colleagues or with a supervisor, utilising a range of tried and tested frameworks. Starting with a section on the function of reflection and supervision in the coaching arena, the book moves on to discuss ways that the processes of reflection and supervision might be analyzed. Finally, the book addresses some specific models that coaches might like to try to improve their practice. The book assumes that the reader has prior kwledge of the theories used and contains concise summaries of them as well as giving references to further reading for those who are interested. It also contains activities which will help the reader to think carefully about how they are doing things in order to identify options for improvement. Reflective Practice and Supervision for Coaches is a resource that can be used over time, with activities that can be repeated intermittently as needs arise. It provides key reading for professional coaches and supervisors as well as those who facilitate reflection upon working practices in the coaching profession.
- Author BiographyJulie Hay is internationally accredited as a transactional analyst and supervisor and a licensed Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) trainer. She has been coaching, mentoring, training and supervising fellow professionals since 1986. Julie was one of the founding directors of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), and inaugural chair/president of the pan-Europe Steering Group.
- Author(s)Julie Hay
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.