Reflective Practice for Health Care Professionals: A Practical Guide by Beverley Taylor (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed, practical guide to reflective practice has relevance to all healthcare practitioners. Taylor offers readers her REFLECT model to guide them through the process of reflection...Throughout she uses a wide variety of techniques to explain and illustrate what to expect and how to adapt and accommodate to different circumstances and preferences...This book has such depth and detail and yet at the same time is practical and written in plain language. There is literally something for everyone... Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, April 2011 78(2) Taylor reveals how reflection and contemplation creatively welds the everyday working day world to a myriad of cultural, ethical, moral and managerial challenges. This book offers the beginning practitioner a broad understanding of why conscious awareness of one's thinking matters. Taylor's insight reveals her deep thoughtfulness as a meticulous researcher, supervisor and mentor and her guidelines will ground you in shaping your own development as a researcher in practice. Dr Margaret Martin, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Reflection, as a process of critical self-evaluation, continues to grow and be recognised as a successful,approach to improving, changing and managing healthcare practice. This latest text by Taylor is a welcome addition to the increasing body of kwledge on the subject. She writes, as always, with exceptional clarity and manages to combine practical guidance with experiential insights and theoretical frameworks. Highlighting the importance of ordinary human communication for all healthcare professionals, Taylor's text and presence is anything but ordinary. Professor Dawn Freshwater, University of Leeds, UK This book is about more than reflection, it is about a philosophy of nursing that Taylor has espoused throughout her career, and it makes a connection with the reader in a way that many books do t.This is a must-have book for all who wish to move their practice forwards. Joanne Pike, Senior Lecturer, NEWI, North Wales This popular book provides practical guidance for healthcare professionals wishing to reflect on their work and improve the way they undertake clinical procedures, interact with other people at work and deal with power issues. The new edition has been broadened in focus from nurses and midwives exclusively, to include all healthcare professionals. Practice stories by a variety of healthcare professionals are interweaved throughout the book to illustrate reflective practice and 'author's reflections' boxes are used to illustrate the author's experience of reflective practice. The book contains a clear and comprehensive description of: The fundamentals of reflective practice and how and why it is embraced in healthcare professions Strategies for effective reflection Systematic approaches to technical, practical and emancipatory reflection A step-by-step guide to applying the Taylor REFLECT model This edition also introduces the concept of 'ordinariness' in health care, which used consciously with the reflective practice processes in this book should increase the likelihood that patients receiving healthcare will feel ackwledged, heard and comforted as intelligent human beings.
- Author BiographyBeverley J. Taylor retired after 38 years as a Registered Nurse, Midwife and academic. She has published widely in reflective practice and palliative care, but is best known worldwide for her thesis on ordinariness in nursing and her practical approaches for facilitating reflective practice in healthcare.
- Author(s)Beverley Taylor
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.