All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReflective practice is at the heart of becoming a competent and confident social work professional. This book demystifies the reflective process and provides a straight forward kwledge base to enhance professional development. Whether you are a qualifying social work student, a practitioner with supervisory responsibilities, or are engaged in professional post qualifying education and training, this book will help you to understand and evidence your development as a reflective practitioner, and guide the assessment of others' ability to reflect. Topics covered include: How to develop a professional identity and an understanding of professional culture A summary of key theoretical explanations of the concepts of 'reflection' and 'reflective practice' The significance of Emotional Intelligence for social work practice and how the reflective process can enhance interpersonal and intrapersonal competence How to overcome common obstacles to reflective practice, including low motivation and lack of confidence in your reflective abilities How to write reflectively in order to evidence development of reflective practice to others How to create a learning environment that enables growth and development through reflection and provides accurate assessment outcomesWritten in a straightforward and engaging way, with reflective activities and resources throughout, this key resource will develop your kwledge, understanding and application of reflective practice.
- Author BiographyLinda Bruce has been involved in facilitating pre-qualifying, qualifying and post qualifying learning of the social work workforce for over twenty years as a University Lecturer, Practice Teacher, Mentor and Training Officer. She has practice experience in both the statutory and voluntary sectors.
- Author(s)Linda Bruce
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight620 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.