All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial workers often have to make difficult decisions that are affected by their emotions, values and the relationships they have built. The ability to explore and critically analyse your work can help you understand and manage your own emotional needs, as well as support you with improving your social work skills and ensuring anti-oppressive practice. Offering an accessible and invative guide to reflective practice, this book: * Applies the principles of critical reflection to some of the most challenging aspects of the job; such as building relationships, undertaking assessments and making decisions about risk. * Uses diary extracts, engaging case studies and reflective activities to provide a framework for applying reflection to your everyday practice. Whether you are a student of social work or an experienced practitioner, this book will be your guide to understanding, developing and improving your social work practice.
- Author BiographyDivya Jindal-Snape is a Professor in Education, Inclusion and Life Transitions at the University of Dundee, UK. Jane Fenton is a Lecturer in Social Work at the University of Dundee, UK. Ann Hodson is a Lecturer in Social Work at the University of Dundee, UK. Richard Ingram is a Lecturer in Social Work at the University of Dundee, UK. Regan Shaw is a Lecturer in Community Learning and Development at the University of Dundee, UK.
- Author(s)Ann Hodson,Divya Jindal-Snape,Jane Fenton,Richard Ingram
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePractical Social Work Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, bibliography
- Weight245 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.