All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformed teaching is built upon a clear understanding of a wide range of professional issues. Reflective Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School offers a comprehensive overview of core teaching topics for professional studies modules on secondary initial teacher education courses. Offering a critically engaged examination of practical and theoretical topics in order to encourage deeper reflection on what underpins good teaching practice, this second edition has been carefully updated to provide a contemporary introduction to secondary education. New to this edition: * a new chapter on diversity, social justice and global issues in teaching * a new chapter on pastoral and tutorial roles * masters-level critical reading tasks in every chapter * awareness of recent developments in education policy. This is indispensable reading for anyone training to teach in secondary education including postgraduate (PGCE, SCITT) and school-based routes into teaching. A companion website including activities and exemplar material can be found at: www.sagepub.co.uk/dymoke Sue Dymoke is Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of Leicester.
- Author BiographySue Dymoke is Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of Leicester.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDeveloping as a Reflective Secondary Teacher
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight567 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChristopher Wilkins,Jennifer L. Harris,Joan K. Smith,Phil Wood,Sue Dymoke,Tony Lawson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.