All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education is the definitive textbook for reflective professionals in further, adult and vocational education, drawing on the experience of the author team and the latest research, including that of the Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP) findings. It offers extensive support for trainee and practising teachers in further, adult and vocational settings, for both practice-based training and career-long professionalism. Now in its fourth edition, written by a collaborative author team of further, adult and vocational education experts led by Yvonne Hillier and Margaret Gregson, Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education offers two levels of support: - practical guidance for practitioner success with a focus on the key issues including individual and collaborative approaches to reflective practice, a systematic approach to educational improvement based upon Joint Practice Development; and - evidence-informed 'principles' to aid understanding of how theories can effectively inform teaching practices and offer ways to develop deeper understanding of effective practices. The new edition is also enhanced by improved navigation and updated pedagogical features, including a revised chapter structure and text design, all-new case studies, activities, figures and diagrams. The team includes: Margaret Gregson (University of Sunderland, UK) | Yvonne Hillier (University of Brighton, UK) | Gert Biesta (University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg) | Sam Duncan (Institute of Education, University College London, UK) | Lawrence Nixon (University of Sunderland, UK) | Trish Spedding (University of Sunderland, UK) | Paul Wakeling (Havering Sixth Form College, UK) Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education directly compliments and extends the chapters of this book. It has been designed to provide convenient access to key texts, working as a compact and portable library. The associated website, www.reflectiveteaching.co.uk offers supplementary resources including reflective activities, research briefings and advice on further readings. It also features a glossary of educational terms, links to useful websites and showcases examples of excellent research and practice. This book forms part of the Reflective Teaching series, edited by Andrew Pollard and Amy Pollard, offering support for reflective practice in early, primary, secondary, further, vocational, university and adult sectors of education.
- Author BiographyMargaret Gregson is Director of the Sunderland University Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training (SUNCETT) and Professor of Vocational Education at the University of Sunderland, UK. Yvonne Hillier is Professor of Education at Brighton University, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Margaret Gregson,Dr. Sam Duncan,Lawrence Nixon,Paul Wakeling,Professor Gert Biesta,Trish Spedding,Yvonne Hillier
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleReflective Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1096 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Andrew Pollard,Dr. Amy Pollard
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.