All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the role that culture plays in the acquisition of cognitive, linguistic, and social skills. Taking reflective thinking as a central analytical concept, the contributors investigate the role of personal reflection in a series of mental activities, including the creation of social relationships, the creation of a mental narrative to make sense of events, and metacognition. These three types of cognition are usually conceived of as separate research fields. Reflective Thinking in Educational Settings draws these discrete subfields into dialogue, exploring the connections and interplay among them. This approach yields insight into a range of topics, including language acquisition, cognitive processes, theory of mind, cross-cultural interaction, and social development. The volume also outlines the implications of these findings in terms of further research and possible social policy initiatives.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Antonietti is a Professor of Applied Cognitive Psychology in the Department of Psychology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy. Emanuela Confalonieri is a Professor of Developmental Psychology in the Department of Psychology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy. Antonella Marchetti is a Professor of Developmental and Educational Psychology in the Department of Psychology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 tables
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlessandro Antonietti,Antonella Marchetti,Emanuela Confalonieri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.