Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide builds the principles of reflexology into practice, and allows the complete beginner to perform reflexology immediately for self-care or care of a partner. The book presents: a boost to health using massage on the feet and hands, developed from ancient Chinese and Egyptian healing systems; step-by-step guidance to performing reflexology at home; easy-to-follow instructions for an immediate start; two complete reflexology sessions for hands and feet; relief of inflammation, congestion and tension-related ailments, such as asthma, arthritis, insomnia, angina and migraine; additional treatments for specific ailments, plus a quick reference chart; and detailed maps of the hands and feet illustrating the reflex points. Chapter one describes how reflexology helps relieve stress and promotes wellbeing. Chapter two illustrates the connections between the feet, hands and the rest of the body. Chapter three describes the diagstic guidelines and pressure techniques, and chapter four looks at the body systems. The sessions for feet and hands are presented in chapters five and six, with supplementary steps to treat many ailments in chapter seven.
- Author BiographyAnn Gillanders is a world-renowned reflexologist and author of the best-selling Reflexology: A step-by-step guide, The Family Guide to Reflexology and Reflexology for Back Pain. Ann is principal of the British School of Reflexology, editor of Healing Points magazine, and is well known for her lectures and broadcasts on reflexology. She has taught and trained therapists in reflexology for over 25 years.
- Author(s)Ann Gillanders
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication29/09/1995
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleStep-by-Step
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGaia Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/04/2005
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width193 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Phil Gamble,Johanna Amos
- Volume editorPip Morgan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.