Reforming College Composition: Writing the Wrongs by Susan Lewis Wallace, Ray Wallace, Alan Jackson (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs colleges and universities have responded to the demand of businesses and industries for graduates who can write effectively, Composition Studies has gained significance. However, while new theories and approaches to the teaching of writing have been proposed and implemented, many composition courses do t satisfactorily educate their students. This volume includes essays by writing specialists who are concerned with their own failure to improve their students' writing skills. These contributors examine why entering college students still write poorly and why our various attempts to improve such poor writing skills have largely failed. They compare the promise of previously touted new methods, paradigm shifts, and curricular invations with the reality of little change or improvement; they describe what their students can and cant do in the writing classroom, even after 12 years of primary and secondary education; and they address what they see as needed reforms in the whole idea of college composition, especially for the first-year college student.
- Author BiographyRAY WALLACE is Department Head and Professor of English at Northwestern State University of Louisiana./e He has published numerous articles and is the coeditor of 3 other books on the teaching of writing. ALAN JACKSON is Assistant Professor of Humanities at Georgia Perimeter College, where he teaches composition, literature, humanities, and introduction to technology./e He has published and presented widely on writing instruction, writing centers, linguistics, and Southern literature. SUSAN LEWIS WALLACE is Instructor of English and Reading at Northwestern State University of Louisiana./e She has published several articles on writing center tutoring, developmental reading, rhetoric, and literacy.
- Author(s)Alan Jackson,Ray Wallace,Susan Lewis Wallace
- Date of Publication30/07/2000
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of Education
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 79
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.