All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book details the peculiarities of the requirements for refractories designed for aluminium metallurgical process: reduction, cast house, and ade production. The author describes requirements specific to the properties and structure of refractory materials that differentiate it from the refractories for ferrous metallurgy and other refractories. A comparison is drawn between the properties and structure of refractories and carbon cathode materials from different points of view: from the point of physical chemistry and chemistry interactions during the metallurgical process and from the point of design of reduction pots and furnaces with the aspect to the service life time of metallurgical aggregates.
- Author BiographyAndrey Yurkov, graduated from Moscow Mendeleev University of chemical technology, department of ceramics and refractories. He holds a Ph.D. in structural ceramics and Dr. Sci. Degree in materials science of refractory materials. Yurkov has more than a 100 publications. His areas of expertise and interests include materials science and processing of non-oxygen and oxygen containing ceramics and refractories, and their applications in the Aluminium industry Yurkov is currently working for the company Russian Aluminium (RUSAL). He has also served as the organizer and chairperson of the seminar and conference Refractories and carbon cathode materials for Aluminium industry .
- Author(s)Andrey Yurkov
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/12/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 56 colour illustrations, 37 black & white tables, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.