All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPre-school children have fundamentally different attitudes towards the future and attendant tions of time and space. For this reason, early childhood professionals are optimally placed to lay important foundations for young children's long term development. Children's flexibility of thought, their positive and constructive outlook on life, their sense of the continuity of time, their creativity and imagination, and their sense of personal connection with time and the future, are all qualities that should be recognized and addressed in early childhood educational programmes as a means of counteracting the difficulty youths experience in kwing what to expect in their future lives and coming to understand their roles in shaping them. Reframing the Early Childhood Curriculum offers fresh insight into: * examining futurists' and early childhood theorists' thinking of the relevance of planning for children's long term needs in early childhood * identifying the skills, attitudes and outlooks required to assist young children attending early childhood programmes in their long term growth and development * exploring the means through which these skills, attitudes and outlooks can be achieved in curriculum frameworks through specific goals and learning experiences against the background of youth and young children's views of the future.
- Author BiographyJane Page is a lecturer in early childhood studies at the Department of Learning and Educational Development in the Faculty of Education at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Jane Page
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.