All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIs fear of the money side of running a business holding you back? Would you love to turn your passion into a small business, but are frightened of getting on the wrong side of the taxman? Do you run a small business and find it's a desperate struggle to keep all your paperwork in the right place, never mind work out how much tax you should pay each year? In this friendly, informative book, bilingual qualified accountant Emily Coltman guides you through what you need to kw on the finance and accounting side when you're setting up and running a small business. Emily speaks plain English as well as accountants jargon! She has many years experience of helping small business owners with their finance and accounting, and this book is written for anyone running a small business for whom double entry might as well be double Dutch! This book explains the different ways a business can be set up and structured legally and what the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of structure are, including the different taxes that each has to pay, and when those taxes have to be paid.It looks at where you might find the money to start or grow your business, and why you might choose the different sources. There are suggestions for how to organise your paperwork and advice on what records you need to keep and for how long. You l hear how to keep on the right side of the taxman, what expenses you can and can't claim tax relief on, and how to claim tax relief when you buy equipment for your business - and what 'tax relief' actually is! This easy-to-read bitesize guide answers all the tax and accounting questions you have - and those you haven't thought of yet.
- Author BiographyEmily Coltman, Chief Accountant to FreeAgent, is a very unusual Chartered Accountant - she speaks plain English as well as accounting-speak! After graduating from the University of Cambridge, she trained and qualified with growing accountancy practice Cannon Moorcroft, where she looked after accounts and tax for a portfolio of micro-business clients. This gave her a keen interest in accounting software and training, which led to starting up her own business making screen-capture tutorial videos, and later to joining FreeAgent, where she works with worldwide small businesses to help them use this simple online accounting system to keep their books in real time. Emily is passionate about helping the owners of small and growing businesses to escape their fear of 'the numbers', and believes that, with the right tools and guidance - some of which she aims to provide in this book, absolutely anyone, even if they were hopeless at maths at school - can learn to look after the finances of a small business.
- Author(s)Emily Coltman
- PublisherBrightword Publishing
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBusiness Bitesize
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrightword Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.