All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed guide to the technical aspects of refurbishing and upgrading buildings, this book provides solutions to a range of problems, challenges and issues and is essential reading for all students studying building refurbishment at all levels. Includes: * existing floor and wall strengthening * facade retention * introduction of new floors * timber decay problems * fire-resistance * prevention of moisture and damp * upgrading thermal and acoustic performance. This new edition has been fully updated to include new techlogical information, and covers new areas such as stonework restoration and repair, upgrading of c1960 framed buildings, refurbishment logistics and case-studies.
- Author BiographyChristopher Gorse is a Reader and Project Director in the School of the Built Environment at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. He is also a project management consultant with industrial experience on civil and construction projects. As well as teaching across a wide range of built environment programmes he heads up research teams developing learning materials and investigating sustainability issues in construction. David Highfield was the Head of Construction and Project Management at Leeds Metropolitan University. A leading expert in the field of refurbishment and renovation he has given many presentations and has published widely on the subject.
- Author(s)Christopher Gorse,David Highfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note15 black & white tables, 102 black & white halftones, 103 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.