All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is a comprehensive look at the current kwledge on stem cell application for vision loss, showcasing different types of stem cells (adult, embryonic, iPSCs) for diseases of the front and the back of the eye. It also highlights data obtained in various models from fish to human, as well as from the bionic eye project for vision regeneration. This volume in the Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine series is essential reading for stem cell biologists, ophthalmologists, advanced and graduate students, in addition to academics and medical staff who work in these disciplines.
- Author BiographyDr. Alice Pebay, Ph.D., is the principal investigator of the Neuroregeneration Unit at the Centre for Eye Research Australia, and a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Melbourne. She holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience and has extensive expertise in cell biology, having published more than 40 peer reviewed articles and chapters in the field of stem cell biology and lysophospholipid biology. Dr Pebay's current research focuses on the mechanisms that enable human pluripotent stem cells to maintain their pluripotency and allow them to differentiate towards specific retinal lineages. Dr Pebay also has comprehensive experience in neurotrauma research and a strong interest in the cellular mechanisms involved in the genetic disease, Friedreich Ataxia.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/05/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleStem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 26 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight791 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAlice Pebay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.