All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBlood has long been viewed as a conduit for therapy, stemming from the ancient days of phlebotomy to remove evil humors to the development of successful blood transfusions to replace missing blood components. The identification and characterization of hematopoietic stem cells by Drs. Till and McCulloch revolutionized the field and soon after, n-hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells were characterized from the blood and bone marrow. Some of these cell types and various blood-derived cell lineages are involved in the repair of various types of tissue damage that span the spectrum of medical disorders. The goal of this book is to provide an up-to-date review of the various types of blood-derived cells with regenerative capacity, identify opportunities for intervention by examining specific clinical applications, and recognize the regulatory environment that will encompass future therapies in regenerative medicine.
- Author BiographyDr. David S. Allan is a clinician scientist at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, affiliated with the Blood & Marrow Transplant Program at the University of Ottawa. His research interests focus of fundamental aspects of vascular progenitor biology and on translational studies in the repair of organ toxicity in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Dr. Dirk Strunk is a clinician scientist with the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Head of Stem Cell Research at the Medical University of Graz in Austria. His research team develops novel transplantation strategies using mesenchymal stromal cells and endothelial progenitors and has developed animal protein-free methods of cell expansion that facilitate translational studies in humans.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleStem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Allan,Dirk Strunk
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.