About this product
- DescriptionRegional Anaesthesia: A Pocket Guide is an essential companion to the practice of regional anaesthesia for consultants and trainees in the specialty. Filled with practical advice and carefully designed for ease of use, this book is the helpful aid to practice that anaesthetists have been waiting for. The book covers all the major blocks by anatomical region, from the head and upper extremities, to the lower extremities and para-axial region. The technique for each procedure is prefaced by information on its difficulty, indications, contraindications, and potential side-effects. Every procedure is also accompanied by a range of high-quality clinical photographs and anatomical drawings that demonstrate the importance of applying anatomical kwledge in practical anaesthetic procedures. Regional anaesthesia is a fast-moving specialty, and this book takes into account recent advances in ultrasound-guided techniques with a strong focus on real-time observation of needle placement. Landmark-placed blocks have are also covered for clinicians without access to ultrasound techlogy. Regional Anaesthesia: A Pocket Guide is a unique compilation of anaesthetic techniques that offers support and guidance for any trainee or specialist in their every day practice.
- Author BiographyDr David M Scott BMed, PGCertCU, FANZCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, Lismore Base Hospital, Lismore, New South Wales Dr Scott has interests in regional anaesthesia and military anaesthesia. Dr Scott is the founding chairman of the Regional Anaesthesia Special Interest Group of the ASA/ANZCA/NZSA. He has lectured on regional anaesthesia extensively, nationally and internationally, and has facilitated many regional anaesthesia workshops. Dr Scott is also a Group Captain in the Royal Australian Air Force Specialist Reserve and has been deployed overseas on many missions.
- Author(s)Alwin Chuan,David M. Scott
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note214 colour photographs and line drawings
- Weight176 g
- Width101 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.39Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.