All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMonetary union has dawned in Europe. Now that the common currency is a reality, questions concerning the practical conduct of monetary policy in the European Monetary Union (EMU) are moving to the forefront of the policy debate. Among these, one of the most critical is how the new monetary union will cope with the large heterogeneity of its member ecomies. Given the large differences in ecomic and financial structures among the EMU member states, monetary policy is likely to affect different member ecomies in different ways. Regional Aspects of Monetary Policy in Europe collects the proceedings of an international conference held at the Center for European Integration Studies of the University of Bonn, dedicated to this issue. The contributions to this conference fall into two parts. The first part consists of empirical and theoretical studies of the regional effects of monetary policy in heterogeneous monetary unions. The second part consists of papers analyzing the political ecomy of monetary policy in a monetary union of heterogeneous regions or member states. The papers all support the conclusion that regional differences in the responses to a common monetary policy will make European monetary policy especially difficult in the years to come. Such differences arise from a variety of sources, and they cant be expected to be mere teething troubles that will disappear after a while. Even if they were igred in the run-up to the EMU, Europe's central bankers and ecomic policy makers will have to learn how to cope with such differences in the future.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleZei Studies in European Economics and Law
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristopher J. Waller,Jurgen von Hagen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2000
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.