All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis study demonstrates that in a time of massive change characterized by the emergence of entirely new political systems and a fundamental reorganization of ecomic life, systematic patterns of ecomic conditions affecting election results at the aggregate level can in fact be identified during the first decade of post-communist elections in five post-communist countries: Russia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. A variety of theoretical arguments concerning the conditions in which these effects are more or less likely to be present are also proposed and tested. Analysis is conducted using an original data set of regional level ecomic, demographic, and electoral indicators, and features both broadly based comparative assessments of the findings across all twenty elections as well as more focused case study analyses of pairs of individual elections.
- Author BiographyJoshua Tucker is an Assistant Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University, and will hold Princeton's Ralph O. Glendinning University Preceptorship from 2005-2008. His work has also appeared in a variety of academic journals, including the American Journal of Political Science, the Annual Review of Political Science, Electoral Studies, Political Analysis, Perspectives on Politics, and Post-Soviet Affairs. His research has been supported by grants from the National Academy of Sciences, the National Council for Eurasian and East European Research, and the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies. He was the recipient of Harvard University's 2001 Edward M. Chase Dissertation Prize and the Mid-West Political Science Association's 1999 Westview Press Award.
- Author(s)Joshua A. Tucker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note115 tables
- Weight706 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.