All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegional equity as a field of scholarship, as an arena of policy change, and as a social movement has grown, diversified, and matured in important ways over the past decade. The fruits of that growth and development can be seen in recent federal and state policies, in the practices of many regional planning organizations, and in the agendas and approaches of countless community-based organizations and issue advocacy groups. As the field has expanded, a growing number of researchers have been tracking these phemena: explaining how and why concepts of metropolitan development are being reframed; documenting the efforts to shape policies and diversify leadership; assessing where and how equity and social justice concerns have been brought into regional planning for transportation, land use, housing, public finances, environmental quality, smart growth, sustainable development, public health and other issue areas. This volume brings together analyses and commentary by some of the leading scholarly observers these timely developments. This book was published as a special issue of Community Development.
- Author BiographyVictor Rubin is Vice President for Research at PolicyLink, a research and action institute advancing social and economic equity. He served as Director of the HUD Office of University Partnerships. He was formerly Adjunct Associate Professor of City and Regional Planning at UC Berkeley, where he earned his MCP and PhD.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCommunity Development - Current Issues Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight399 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byVictor Rubin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.