All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the scope and limits of what is appropriate for regional action in the maintenance of peace and security. It offers a comparative study of legal regulation of the use of force in the maintenance of peace and security of different security regions in the context of the UN system and general international law. The book examines the post-Cold War legal documents and practice of the regional organizations of six security regions of the world (Africa, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, the Russian sphere of influence and the Euro-Atlantic region), and in doing so offers a unique international and comparative perspective towards regional characteristics that may influence the possibility for coherent action in a UN context. Dace Winther explores the controversial topics of regional humanitarian intervention and robust regional peacekeeping without a UN mandate, what is regarded as appropriate for regional action in different security regions of the world, and if the approaches of the regions differ, what factors could have an influence. The book is highly relevant in a global climate where regional mechanisms take an ever more active part in the maintenance of international peace and security, including the use of force. The book will be of great interest to students and academics of International Law, International Relations and Security Studies.
- Author BiographyDace Winther has worked as a legal advisor for the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia. She has received a PhD in Law from Aarhus University, Denmark. Her research interests are general international law, the use of force and international organizations.
- Author(s)Dace Winther
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.