All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1.1. THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY This study deals with regional co-operation among developing By regional co-operation is countries and its potential benefits. meant any form of concerted action by the countries of a region aimed at a fuller utilization of their growth potential. Such con- certed action may consist of various kinds of ecomic policy measures regarding production, investment and foreign trade. In this sense, regional co-operation is to be regarded as a facet of the participating countries' overall development strategy. Unlike other studies in this field, dealing with integration among developing countries and focussing attention on the planning of such integra- tion (see, e.g., Mennes 1972), the present study concentrates on the effect of integration and co-ordination policies on the structure of intra-and extra-regional trade. Very often large differences exist among developing countries with respect to various aspects of ecomic development, e.g., the structure of demand, the structure of capital formation and the growth rates of individual sectors. Such divergencies call for the utilization of a multi-country, multi-sector model that will enable a better co-ordination of production and investment policies. Atten- tion should thereby be given to the pattern of intra-regional specialization that will result from such a co-ordinated policy.
- Author(s)B.S.M. Berendsen
- PublisherWolters-Noordhoff B.V.
- Date of Publication31/07/1978
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Development & Planning
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationGroningen
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintWolters-Noordhoff B.V.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1200 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.