All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the development of collective security by regional organisations particularly after the Cold War. It analyses the various constitutional developments that have occurred within regional arrangements such as ECOWAS, African Union, SADC, OAS, and NATO and critically analyses how these developments have propelled regional organisations to depart from the rmative framework of regional arrangement contained in Chapter VIII of the UN Charter. Through a comprehensive examination of practice, the book evaluates the impact of regional organisations' newly asserted powers to authorise enforcement action and determine when situations within member states warrant their intervention. It inquires into the legal justifications for these developments both from within the UN Charter and regional treaties and practice and asks whether consensual intervention, that is the use of force by regional organisations on the basis of their members' consent, contravenes or constitutes an exception to the prohibition of the use or threat of force under Article 2(4) of the Charter. The book also analyses the regime of complementarity between the UN and regional organisations.
- Author BiographyAdemola Abass is a Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of the West of England in Bristol.
- Author(s)Ademola Abass
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStudies in International Law
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.