All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe proliferation of regional trade agreements (RTAs) over the past two decades has highlighted the need to look closely at the potential conflicts between regional and WTO rules or disciplines. A major obstacle to advancing understanding of RTAs is the absence of detailed information about their contents. This has limited the debate between those who view RTAs as discriminatory instruments hostage to protectionist interests and those who see them as conducive to multilateral trade opening. This book provides detailed analysis of RTA rules in six key areas - market access, technical barriers to trade, contingent protection, investment, services and competition policy - across dozens of the main RTAs in the world. The analysis helps to provide new insights into the interplay between regional and multilateral trade rules, advances understanding of the ecomic effects of RTAs and contributes to the discussion on how to deal with the burgeoning number of RTAs.
- Author BiographyAntoni Estevadeordal is Manager at the Integration and Trade Sector of the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington. Kati Suominen is an International Trade Specialist at the Integration and Trade Sector of the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington. Robert Teh is a Counsellor in the Economic Research and Statistics Division of the World Trade Organization.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAntoni Estevadeordal,Kati Suominen,Robert Teh
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.