All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume addresses the growth of regional trade agreements (RTAs) which have mushroomed since the 1990s, and considers their potential as a tool for reducing inter- and intra-state conflict. Exploring the links between trade, conflict and peace in different and varying contexts, this book maps the extant RTAs in the region, analyses the factors which hinder or promote regional trade integration and considers their ecomic and political impacts. Presenting a series of case studies in four regions: South America; the southern African region; South Asia and South East Asia, the authors consider three key questions: * What is the significance of the recent and rapid development of RTAs for peace building both within and between countries? * To what extent do RTAs engender inter and intrastate conflict? * To what extent are trade and RTAs hostage to conflict and is regional political stability a precondition for ecomic integration? Regional Trade Integration and Conflict Resolution will be of interests to students and scholars of trade, international relations and conflict studies. It will also be of interest to policy makers and NGOs.
- Author BiographyShaheen Rafi Khan is Research Fellow at the Sustainable Development Policy Institute(SDPI), India.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Political Economy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 41 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byShaheen Rafi Khan
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.