All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the fall of the Suharto regime, forces pressing for regional automy have strengthened in Indonesia, with some people arguing that the country is in danger of disintegrating. This book examines a range of issues connected with decentralization and regional automy in Indonesia, especially focusing on various local contexts. The multiple issues that are dealt with in this volume include: ethnic revival and violence; corruption, collusion and nepotism; the complexities of administrative reorganization and the forging of new networks; reshaping of cultural identity; new emerging social hierarchies; and new conflicts over the use of environment.
- Author BiographyMaribeth Erb is an Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology, National University of Singapore. She is the author of The Manggaraians (Times Editions, 1999) and the co-editor of a special issue in 2000 of Southeast Asian Journal of Social Science 'A Changing Indonesia'. Articles of hers, on tourism, Manggaraian ritual and history, have appeared in many journals and edited collections. Carole Faucher is currently Visiting Associate Professor in the Institute of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa in Tokyo University of Foreign Studies. She obtained her Ph.D. in Sociology from the National University of Singapore where she has also been working as a Fellow between 1999 and 2003. Her fields of interest include collective memory and anthropology of the emotions. Priyambudi Sulistiyanto is Assistant Professor at the Southeast Asian Studies Programme, National University of Singapore. His current research looks at the politics of reconciliation and forgiveness in post-Suharto Indonesia and the political economy of power sector reforms in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines. He is the author of Thailand, Indonesia and Burma in Comparative Perspective (Ashgate, 2002).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCarol Faucher,Maribeth Erb,Priyambudi Sulistiyanto
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.