All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'They say that tourist ships to Antarctica, even more than ordinary human conveyances, are loaded down with aching hearts. Deceived wives and widowers, men who've never been loved and don't kw why, Russian crew forced to leave their children behind for years at a time ...And then there are the married couples- how calm the old ones, how eager the new! - but isn't a couple the greatest mystery of all?' Regions of Thick-Ribbed Ice is the tale of a journey to Antarctica aboard the Professor Molchav. With unmatched eloquence, Helen Garner spins a tale of ships, icebergs, tourism, time, photography and the many forms of desolation.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Helen Garner
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleShort Blacks
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight56 g
- Width117 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.