All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the methods and practical uses of regression and factor analysis. An exposition is given of ordinary, generalized, two- and three-stage estimates for regression analysis, the method of principal components being applied for factor analysis. When establishing an ecometric model, the two ways of analysis complement each other. The model was realized as part of the 'Interplay' research project concerning the ecomies of the European Common Market countries at the Ecometrics Department of the Tilburg School of Ecomics. The Interplay project aims at: a. elaborating more or less uniformly defined and estimated models; b. clarifying the ecomic structure and the ecomic policy possible with the linked models of the European Community countries. Besides the model for the Netherlands published here, the models for Belgium, Italy, West Germany and the United Kingdom are ready for linking and for publishing later on. The ecometric model presented in this book and upon which the Interplay model is based comprises eleven structural and twenty-one definitional equations; it is estimated with ordinary, two- and three-stage least squares. The analysis of the model is directed at eliminating multicollinearity, accor- ding to D.E. Farrar's and R. Glauber's method. In practice, however, complete elimination of multicollinearity leads to an exclusion of certain relations which is t entirely satisfactory. Ecomic relations can be dealt with more fully by analyzing the variables involved in detail by factor analysis. In this study factor analysis is also a suitable method for a comparative analysis of different periods.
- Author(s)J. H. F. Schilderinck
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleTilburg Studies in Econometrics
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight374 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.