All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial instability threatens the global ecomy. The volatility of capital movements across national borders has led many observers to argue for a reformed global financial architecture, a body of consistent rules and institutions to prevent financial crises. Yet regulators have a decidedly mixed record in their attempts to create global standards for the financial system. David Andrew Singer seeks to explain the varying pressures on regulatory agencies to negotiate internationally acceptable rules and suggests that the variation is largely traceable to the different domestic political pressures faced by regulators. In Regulating Capital, Singer provides both a theory of the effects of domestic pressures on international regulation and a detailed analysis of regulators' attempts at international rulemaking in banking, securities, and insurance. Singer addresses the complexities of global finance in an accessible style, and he does t turn away from the more dramatic aspects of globalization; he makes clear the international implications of bank failures and stock-market crashes, the rise of derivatives, and the catastrophic financial losses caused by Hurricane Katrina and the events of September 11.
- Author BiographyDavid Andrew Singer is Associate Professor of Political Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)David Andrew Singer
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleCornell Studies in Money
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.