All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegulatory reform had its beginnings in the United States in the 1970s, and today it is taking place around the globe. One of the central questions for industrial policy is how to regulate firms with market power. Regulatory Reform tackles this important policy issue in two parts: it describes an analytical framework for studying the main issues in regulatory reform, and then applies the analysis to the British experience in four utility industries - telecommunications, gas, electricity, and water supply.Britain's utility industries, state-owned mopolies just ten years ago, offer a dramatic example of comprehensive reforms with parallels elsewhere: industries have been restructured, markets have been liberalized, and new regulatory methods and institutions have been created. The authors focus on common policy questions that arise in each industry while taking into account the considerable diversity between the industries and the different reform policies adopted.The analysis and experience in Britain's utility industries also provides a rich variety of issues concerning mopolistic and anticompetitive practices that are of interest for competition policy in general.Regulation of Ecomic Activity series
- Author BiographySimon Cowan is University Lecturer in Economics at the Department of Economics at Oxford.
- Author(s)John Vickers,Mark Armstrong,Simon Cowan,etc.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/1994
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRegulation of Economic Activity
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note15
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.