All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMovement disorders affect a growing patient population, but providing comprehensive care is extremely difficult. Several of these conditions are progressive and incurable; the basal ganglia has a complex role in movement control, with many potential malfunctions. This book focuses on rehabilitation approaches that have been developed and utilized internationally in an attempt to minimize impairment and maximize participation amongst these patients. Each chapter is written by movement disorder experts, rehabilitation specialists and health care professionals, giving a broad overview of current interventions and emphasizing the need for interdisciplinary management, focussing on deliverable outcomes. Common conditions such as Parkinson's disease, cerebral palsy, dystonia and Huntington's disease are comprehensively covered. This book gives neurologists, geriatricians and rehabilitation specialists an up-to-date, theoretically-based approach to managing movement disorders related to basal ganglia malfunction. Also valuable for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, nurses and social workers seeking to develop and plan appropriate interventions.
- Author BiographyRobert Iansek, BMedSci, MBBS, Ph.D., FRACP is Director, Clinical Research Centre for Movement Disorders and Gait, Kingston Centre, Southern Health, Victoria, Australia. Meg E. Morris, Ph.D., FACP is Professor, School of Allied Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note52 b/w illus. 7 colour illus. 28 tables
- Weight780 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMeg E. Morris,Robert Iansek
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.