All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBasic Issues in Rehabilitation of the Brain Damaged Definitions Because of the vagueness surrounding the term brain damage, it is nec- essary at the outset to define the population to which this book may have some application. Although it is usual to speak of the brain- damaged patient in a general way, the conditions referred to cover a variety of specific disorders. In this book we will be discussing only individuals who become brain-damaged as adults. We will be ad- dressing ourselves specifically to adults who have sustained demon- strable, structural brain damage. Those conditions in which brain dys- function is a possible etiological agent, such as a number of functional psychiatric disorders, will t be considered. Thus the entire topic of mental retardation and early life brain damage will t be treated here, r the many problems associated with minimal brain damage syn- dromes in school age children. Modern psychiatric thinking has tended to blur the distinction between the so-called functional and organic disorders (d. Shagass, Gershon, & Friedhoff, 1977), but we would ad- here to the view that the patient with structural brain damage contin- ues to present relatively unique assessment and treatment problems. Furthermore, the emphasis of this book will be placed on individ- uals with nprogressive, chronic brain damage.
- Author(s)Gerald Goldstein,Leslie Ruthven
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.