All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully updated seventh edition remains the pioneering text for practicing physicians and allied health staff confronted with the unique problems of an increasing elderly population. Dr Reichel's formative text is designed as a practical and useful guide for all health specialists. Emphasizing the clinical management of the elderly patient with simple to complex problems, this is a must-read for all practitioners who need practical and relevant information in a comprehensive format. Chapters have been updated and re-organized to reflect the clinical approach to aging, beginning with a general approach to the management of older adults, followed by a review of common geriatric syndromes, and proceeding to an organ-based review of care. The final section addresses principles of care, including care in special situations, psychosocial aspects of our aging society, and organization of care. Particular emphasis is placed on cost-effective, patient-centered care, including a discussion of the Choosing Wisely campaign.
- Author BiographyDr Jan Busby-Whitehead is Professor and Chief in the Division of Geriatric Medicine, and Director of the Center for Aging and Health at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Dr Christine Arenson is Professor and Interim Chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University and Co-Director, Jefferson Center for Interprofessional Education, Thomas Jefferson University. Dr Samuel C. Durso is Mason F. Lord Professor of Medicine and Director of the Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr Daniel Swagerty is Associate Professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Associate Director of the Landon Center on Aging at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Dr Laura Mosqueda is Chair of the Department of Family Medicine, Professor of Family Medicine and Geriatrics (Clinical Scholar) and Associate Dean of Primary Care at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California. Dr Maria Fiatarone Singh is John Sutton Chair of Exercise and Sports Science and Professor of Medicine at the Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney. Dr William Reichel is Affiliated Scholar at the Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics, Georgetown University Medical Center.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 b/w illus. 23 colour illus. 154 tables
- Weight1980 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byChristine Arenson,Daniel L. Swagerty,Jan Busby-Whitehead,Laura Mosqueda,Maria Fiatarone-Singh,Samuel C. Durso,William Reichel
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.