All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIan Parkinson shares his experience of partnering with God to transform two very different local churches. He weaves stories from his own congregations, and draws on his experience of ministering in an inherited traditional but declining church, revealing what he has done to turn them around. The transformation of such churches is critical: there are relational links to build on within communities; there are resources in place; and most importantly, God desires to renew his people in their sense of identity, vision, calling and ainting, even when they lose their way. In order for this to happen, there need to be leaders who are enthused and equipped to share in God's vision to be agents of change in the church for the sake of the world. This is transformational leadership. Such leadership comes about when we are gripped by a compelling vision of how God intends His Church to be, and a passion to see it move it forwards. Ian Parkinson begins with a brief overview of the true calling and identity of the Church, before examining the catalytic role of leaders in establishing practices and habits which enable the congregation to see vision become reality.
- Author BiographyIan Parkinson is the Regional Director of New Wine in the North of England, and is Vicar of All Saints Marple. He is also on the core team for the New Wine summer conferences and coaches leaders on how to turn around declining churches.
- Author(s)Ian Parkinson
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication19/06/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.