All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoverty and unemployment are on the rise among Canadian youth. Reimagining Intervention in Young Lives looks at the issue from the perspective of those most affected, revealing the difficulties young people encounter with the support system. In-depth interviews with forty-five young people in Ottawa reveal that solutions do exist, predicated on recognition that the problem lies t with incorrigible youth, but with a social-aid structure that imposes barriers to success. Intervention is necessary, argue the authors, but t so much in the lives of young people as in the faulty structures that incorrectly presume how they interpret risk, poverty, and their own potential.
- Author BiographyKaren R. Foster is Banting Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Management Department of the Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University, Halifax. Dale C. Spencer is an assistant professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Manitoba.
- Author(s)Dale C. Spencer,Karen R. Foster
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.