Reinventing Cities: Equity Planners Tell Their Stories by Pierre Clavel, Norman Krumholz (Paperback, 1994)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionReinventing Cities emphasizes the extraordinary accomplishments of eleven urban planners who work for the needs of low income and working class people. Through the voices of equity planners who have worked 'in the trenches' of city halls, Norman Krumholz and Pierre Clavel explore the inner dimensions of social change, ecomic development, community organizing, and the dynamics of implementing and producing fair housing. Preceded by 'snapshots' that describe the demographics, politics, and ecomics of each specific city or region, the editors' interviews with these leading progressive planners highlight productive strategies, disquieting failures, and the cities in which the fought for equity. Included are conversations with Rick Cohen, former director of Jersey City's Department of Housing and Ecomic Development; Dale F. Bertsch, former first director of the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, Dayton, Ohio; Robert Mier, former commissioner of the Department of Ecomic Development (DED); Kari J. Moe, former deputy commissioner of Research and Development, DED'; Arturo Vazquez, former director of Mayor Washington's Office of Employment and Training, Chicago; Margaret D. Strachan, former city commissioner, Portland, Oregon; Peter Dreier, former housing director, Boston Redevelopment Authority, and policy aide to Mayor Raymond Flynn; Billie Bramhall, planning staff, and, Mayor Federico Pena, Denver, Colorado. It also includes: Howard Stanback, city manager, Hartford, Connecticut; Derek Shearer, former Planning Commission chairman, Santa Monica, California; and Kenneth Grimes, senior planning analyst, San Diego Housing Commission. Author te: A former planning director of Cleveland, Ohio, and past president of the American Planning Association, Norman Krumholz is Professor of Urban Planning at Cleveland State University and the co-author (with John Forester) of Making Equity Planning Work: Leadership in the Public Sector (Temple). Pierre Clavel, Professor of City and Regional Planning at Cornell University, is the author of The Progressive City and Opposition Planning in Wales and Appalachia (Temple).
- Author BiographyA former planning director of Cleveland, Ohio, and past president of the American Planning Association, Norman Krumholz is Professor of Urban Planning at Cleveland State University and the co-author (with John Forester) of Making Equity Planning Work: Leadership in the Public Sector (Temple).
- Author(s)Norman Krumholz,Pierre Clavel
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/08/1994
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleConflicts in Urban & Regional Development
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Note9 tables, 5 figures, 4 photographs
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.