All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA persuasive ecomic argument that proves we can all live better lives in this finite world. The biggest challenges facing human wellbeing today are widening income inequality, continuing global poverty, and environmental degradation. All these problems are simple to solve -- in theory. In practice, however, they are much more complex to solve, because most of the commonly proposed solutions are simply t acceptable to people and governments who are focused on the short term. In Reinventing Prosperity, Graeme Maxton and Jorgen Randers offer a new approach with thirteen recommendations that should be possible to implement around the world. This book addresses the forty-year-old growth/-growth debate by explaining how it is possible to reduce unemployment, poverty, inequality, and the pace of climate change and still have ecomic growth--if we want.
- Author BiographyGraeme Maxton is the Secretary General of the Club of Rome and a former regional director of the Economist Intelligence Unit in Asia. He is the author of The End of Progress -- How Modern Economics Has Failed Us, which was nominated for the Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year. Jorgen Randers is a professor of climate strategy at the Norwegian Business School, a former Deputy Director General of WWF International, and has contributed to numerous books, including Limits to Growth. David Suzuki is an internationally renowned geneticist and environmentalist and a cofounder of the David Suzuki Foundation. He is the author of more than 40 books, is a recipient of the Right Livelihood Award, and was named one of Time Magazine's Heroes of the Environment. He lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Graeme Maxton,Jorgen Randers
- PublisherGreystone Books,Canada
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGreystone Books,Canada
- Content NoteB&W illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byDavid Suzuki
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.