All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce a central concept in anthropology, syncretism has recently re-emerged as a valuable tool for understanding the complex dynamics of ethnicity, postcolonialism, and transnationalism. Building on a century-long tradition of scholarship, this important book formulates a broader view of the mixing and interpenetration of religious beliefs and practices, primarily from Africa and Europe, highlighting the ways in which religions and cultures on both sides of the Atlantic have been assimilated and invatively changed.
- Author BiographySidney M. Greenfield is professor of anthropology at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. AndrZ Droogers is professor of the anthropology of religion at the Free University, Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Andre Droogers,Sidney M. Greenfield
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight308 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAndrew Droogers,Sidney M. Greenfield
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.